X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from Texas

Originally posted by Archena View Post
    Um, did you try the Search feature?

Here, this is the alternative oven section: Other Oven Types - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community
    Um, yeah....
    but I was making the mistake of trying to search without logging in first. SO the only search available was the SEARCH FORNO BRAVO...up there at the top right. Even when I found the specific forum search after logging in, the sessions will time out while reading which then sends me back to not having search capability within the forum. Sessions time out much too quickly, rendering searches into the aforementioned difficulty factor .

What does the link you provided have to do with this useful thread? This information ain't in the "Other Oven Types" Forum which I've already posted in, BTW.

Comment

Searching the forums can be so difficult on this site!
      Google can also be a help.

Type site:fornobravo.com/forum then a space then the thing you want to search for. I find it pulls better info than the forum search, particularly for short or general words.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Originally posted by dmun View Post
        Google can also be a help.

Type site:fornobravo.com/forum then a space then the thing you want to search for. I find it pulls better info than the forum search, particularly for short or general words.
        Google
        is exactly how I found this thread!
        I believe one of the time-out sessions I had yesterday was while reading part 1 of your build! Awe inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by texmex View Post
          Um, yeah....
          but I was making the mistake of trying to search without logging in first. SO the only search available was the SEARCH FORNO BRAVO...up there at the top right. Even when I found the specific forum search after logging in, the sessions will time out while reading which then sends me back to not having search capability within the forum. Sessions time out much too quickly, rendering searches into the aforementioned difficulty factor .
          Ah, that explains it. Try clicking 'keep me logged in' - it should solve the time out problem.
          Originally posted by texmex
          What does the link you provided have to do with this useful thread? This information ain't in the "Other Oven Types" Forum which I've already posted in, BTW.
          Actually, there are several threads on cob ovens there - a couple better, in my opinion (although I certainly agree this is a good one- which is why I long since bookmarked it). Depends on what you're looking for.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
          [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by John Fahle View Post
            Glad you asked. We cooked Saturday, 2 weeks and one day after we broke ground. The oven is not done, but we cooked in it as the final curing before we put on the insulation dome. Because the adobe shrinks so drastically as it dries, it has to be 100% dry before you put on the next layer to ensure a good joint.

Even without insulation, though, it made great two minute pizzas, and a single bake of breads before it got too cold to bake. (It was down to about 350f after five hours).
            ...snip...
            Enjoyed your old thread!

Did you ever post residual temperatures after 5 hours with your insulation?
            Lee B.
            DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
            X