X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Norfolk, UK

Hi all

Great site!

I am just embarking on the road to building my first masonry oven and hope to finish before summer. I am a total newbee in relation to building but what a way to learn

I'll keep you informed of progress

Cheers

Phill

Re: Hello from Norfolk, UK

Welcome Phill,
    Don't forget some photos. We love 'em!
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Hi phill..............welcome aboard. I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy the coming months.

Comment

I will be doing my ground preperations this weekend, a bit later than planned but at least it will be a start. Of course once there is a big, ugly bald patch in the garden I will be nagged to get it done quicker

Comment

Hi, OK so it took me a year to get where I am but I finally cut the ground towards my 42" pompeii oven today. Will be laying the foundation slab on Friday.

Comment

Phill I never laid a brick in my life and built the dome in under 8 hours no probs, looks good from the inside too. No cement visible, I used" your brick oven" by Russel Jeavons.
            Brilliant book. I Bought all the books I could find but this was the only one I needed, crossed ref'd with the plans on forno bravo. Base and stand day1, slab day2 , dome and arched doorway day3, second arch and porch day4.
            I really think with good planning an oven could be completed from base to finnished dome in two days, Drymix footings, hollow block base (mass filled) Form's and slab. day 2 dome and doorway.

Comment

Working...
            X