Hello from the DC burbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the DC burbs

I live in MD about 12 miles from the DC border. Last summer I was in the hospital and couldn't eat for several days and had obsessive dreams about pizza. I've got my dough coming out pretty well and need to take the next step. I would be interested in any movable oven ideas/designs as I'm not sure I want to build it into the deck. Something I can roll out of the way when I want it.
    Seemunkee

Re: Hello from the DC burbs

Ovens are really big and heavy. Putting it on the deck, with or without wheels, is not a good idea. They need at least a poured concrete slab to support them.

Welcome. Look around, lots of ideas here.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear. The deck is small and just enough room for a grill and table/chairs. Taking away some of the space for an oven would make things pretty tight.
      The oven would be on the lawn or concrete apron around the pool. Pushed off to the side when not needed.

Comment

The lawn idea sounds ideal to me, and nicer than an oven on wheels that you pull out of the garage when you get the urge for pizza.
        Last edited by gjbingham; 03-08-2008, 09:56 PM.
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

We live down the road on Rt. 108 (near Clarksville). We installed a 39 inch Toscana last October. We have it on a separate concrete slab next to our paved patio that surrounds our pool. Let me know if you would like to see it or discuss the installation.
          Kevin O'Connor

Comment

Working...
          X