Intro/Hello from Michigan, USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro/Hello from Michigan, USA

Just a quick note to say hello and thank you for making the plans and this forum available to us all. I've got ZERO masonry/building experience, but am constantly striving to expand my cooking horizons.

I cant wait for the snow to melt here in Michigan to start my first oven!!!

Thanks!!!

Windknot

Re: Intro/Hello from Michigan, USA

windknot,
    Where in Michigan. I'm in Dearborn.
    fb66

Comment

I agree, enough of the snow already. I'm in Saginaw. I also have zero masonry skills. Looks like we are in the same boat together this spring! I've been looking at this forum all winter. The members of this forum have been putting out some amazing ovens!
      Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
      My oven build thread

Comment

Hey Windknot,
        Welcome. Winter's a great time to read up, plan your build, find local suppliers, and if necessary, get a building permit. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Don't forget to buy or cut wood now so that its ready when you need it.
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Fullback - I'm west of Saginaw in Thomas Twp. - It appears as though mfiore and I are neighbors.

mfiore - how far into the process have you gone? I had not ever considered an outdoor pizza oven till I read an article in the Detroit Free Press about Mario Batali - he owns a home up in Leland on Grand Traverse Bay - they mentioned that he had a pizza oven outside and that he was cooking on it all the time when he was up there.....and I just couldnt get the thing out of my mind - two steps later and i'm on the Forno Bravo website. I've never been a big pizza chef, nor a baker, but sure would be neat to have.

Comment

What a great forum to pull people out of the woodwork! It seems Windknot and myself are within 10 miles of each other!

Windknot, I have not started my oven yet. Still a great deal to plan and consider. I hope to start after the spring thaw. I have a pizza passion, and have been frustrated with the lack of quality pizza in our area. Looks like you and I will soon have the best pizza in town!!
            Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
            My oven build thread

Comment

I say screw al gore, Here in rockford michigan we can use all of the global warming we can get (and if I get my hands on punksatony phil I will stuff him in the oven with fava beans and a nice chiante (Im sure misspelled) Anyway good to hear from fellow michiganders (michiganians?) Good luck with the project, I tend to loose interest in projects quite quickly, but planned my oven for 2 years, and have been using it weekly for 2 more, so I guess its stuck.
              Sincerely
              Eddie Schmidt

Comment

Yes, small world sometimes...particularly with the internet.

Welcome neighbors! There's plenty of information and inspirations here at FB. Start reading and asking questions. Masonry work can be intimidating but it's not bad once you get going. Same with the cooking

Start planning and collecting stuff for your ovens.....

Hmmm....maybe a friendly competition on who can get from zero to pizza first?

good luck
                Jim
                sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Hello in Michigan

Comment

Working...
                  X