Oven plans to Genova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven plans to Genova

We received a request for the Pompeii oven e-Book from a builder in Genova today. How cool is that. Maybe we should start translating the book back into Italian. :-)

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Oven plans to Genova

Huh? My experiences in Southern Italy led me to believe that there was no such thing as a do it yourself project. The locals always called someone to do even the easiest of jobs. My landlord was perplexed that I could even begin to diagnose, and even more perplexing, be correct as to the cause of the plumbing problems I was experiencing in my villa.

There's got to be tons of professional oven builders in his/her area of Genova. Something's changing - a way of life I guess. Perhaps the cost of building. Good for Forno Bravo in the end. Congrats James. The circle is compete.
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

There is a saying in the UK.........."taking coals to Newcastle" I guess Italians getting plans for ovens would be covered by this.

Comment

Are there any translations yet?
        sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Well, the saying "taking coals to Newcastle" translates as "carrying owls to Athens" in German. Owls being a type of coin (with an owl on, surprisingly enough) and Athens being a rich city... or isn't that what you meant?
          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
            Well, the saying "taking coals to Newcastle" translates as "carrying owls to Athens" in German. Owls being a type of coin (with an owl on, surprisingly enough) and Athens being a rich city... or isn't that what you meant?
            That's a new one for me. Great learning new things.

I heard back from Sig. Luzzati, and he said he did all of his Internet research and that our plans and site are the best.

"Complimenti per le istruzioni ? mi sembra che sia il materiale migliore che esista sul web.
            Saluti,"

Very good.
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
              I heard back from Sig. Luzzati, and he said he did all of his Internet research and that our plans and site are the best.

"Complimenti per le istruzioni ? mi sembra che sia il materiale migliore che esista sul web.
              Saluti,"

Very good.
              James
              But we already knew that.
              RCLake

"It's time to go Vertical"
              Oven Thread

Comment

James - I've never seen the word sembra. Como se dice en Englese?
                GJBingham

-

Comment

Appears or seems. Mi sembra che - It seems to me that....

James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

OK, none of us have mentioned how fantastic this is for James. We all evolve and look to be more independant, whether as individual, or regional (organic). James, this is fantastic. You need to protect your plans from being copied and patented by others, if not already. Through your gracious ways, we have been able to build our own successful ovens. The details may have been shared, and maybe we help you modify the techniques, but this is YOURS. Share the details in different languages, that is the power that is loved, appreciated, and respected worldwide. Imagine what would happen if you had various languages to this? I say, do it.
                    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Grazie, James. A good lesson. (again)

Congrats again on the Genova connection. You shared a version of an ancient, or at least, a very old plan to build an oven based on current materials and methods. I don't think you can patent a plan or method that has been in use for a couple of thousand years. You should, however, be justifiably be proud that your website has become something of a gospel for building an authentic Italian oven, even for Italians. That is very noteworty in itself and hopefully, a just a glimpse at the future you envisioned when you started this project. I have no doubt that the spreading of "the word" will benefit FB in the future.
                      Last edited by gjbingham; 03-15-2008, 11:56 PM.
                      GJBingham

-

Comment

When I started my internet search on building pizza ovens, the first page I came accross was one in German about an oven made of cast concrete. And I'm going, wow cool, I want to do that!

...Then I found this site.

Which has to be the best on the net. Anyone searching the internet for WFO plans in English (rather than, say, buying a book on the subject) is likely to end up here. So is it really that surprising that an Italian should turn up, along with all the other nationalities?

But yes, its still very cool!
                        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Working...
                        X