What language is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What language is this?

I came across a link to the FB Forum in a language I don't recognize. Does anyone know?

Meyvelitepe: Köy F?r?n? Yap?yoruz -1

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: What language is this?

James,

Everything I googled came up Turkish - you have a member here, Inishta. He will probably confirm (or deny).

Les...
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Yup..turkish. Looks like a review

Bruce
      Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Comment

Hi James.............it is Turkish. The gobbledy-gook comes from not having Turkish characters enabled and reads "Koy Firini Yapiyoruz-1" or Village oven construction-1. It's a blog for someone building a house and developing his garden. He is building a stone oven for pide (Turkish pizza) and baking village bread.

The title is

"?ılgın Kalabalıktan Uzak" or "Far From The Madding Crowd".

The username or title Meyvelitepe I think means hill/peak with fruit a reference to the land he owns and probably the name of his house. I will check with a native.

He has nice things to say about the English () site Forno Bravo and forum and the fact that you are giving away plans for an oven free. Fuller translation of the text will take a bit of time.

More to follow.

Comment

FB The International Pizza Forum:

Il Foro di Pizza Internazionale

Foro Internacional de Pizza

Le Forum International de Pizza

Internationales Pizzaforum

Международный Форум Пиццы

國際比薩餅論壇

... ( Icon licking lips )
          sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Hi there,
            It is interesting that you are trying to discover me as the site owner who linked FB Yes I did put the link of this nice forum. Simply I'm trying to build a Pompei style oven in my backyard and I got lots of help from FB and all participants of this forum. Thanks to everyone who are sharing their experiences.

Actually, we are trying to do the same in Turkish not only for the oven but as well as protecting environment, building a energy conservative house, building a fruit garden, flowers, and off course every aspects of olive.

You can reach me by e-mail if you have any question about us.

meyvelitepe

Comment

meyvelitepe, Selamlasma.....Hos Geldiniz,

Welcome to Forno Bravo. Good to have another Turkish member on the site. I hope you will post some photographs of your beautiful home, garden and of course your oven.

Comment

Merhaba Inistha, Tesekkurler...

Thank you very much. I think you are living in Fethiye. It is a nice place in south west. My oven building was suspended because of the cold season. I'm starting again this weekend. It is shame but I did a mistake when I started to build the heart. I did use fireclay as the mortar assuming that it was a mix. It was too late when I understood it is pure fireclay. Anyway, I did take back everything last week and re-built with a mixed mortar

I'll try to keep you updated. By the way, it is unbelievable how people are trying to find information about building a firebrick garden oven. About 50% of google searches which reached to my site are about building oven. Unfortunately, my site is the only resource in Turkish although almost every house has a garden oven in villages (builded by quite senior people). The strange thing is, mine is not countryside Turkish style (because I don't know how to build it) but, it is exactly Pompei style. The funny thing is here, the new ovens in whole Anotolia will be Pompei style

Comment

meyvelitepe, bien venuto di nostri sito sulla forno a legna.

Welcome aboard. If there is anything FB can do to help out, let me know. I've written this before, but we visited Istanbul a few years ago; had a great time and enjoyed the restaurant scene immensely. I even posted a photo of a wood-fired oven on FB.com.

Pizza Oven Photo | Commercial Pizza Oven Istanbul

Now all we need is a Turkish dealer. We can ship ovens by truck. :-)

James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Hi James..........I am sure we could talk about Forno Bravo in Turkey but I am currently involved with the dreaded customs department.............red tape nightmare..........on another matter. It is a lot closer to ship the ovens to Turkey than to US or OZ. I'll send an e-mail.

Comment

Working...
                    X