Eureka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eureka

Hi everyone, I am in Lincolnshire, England. About five years ago I read an article on brick ovens. Good, I thought. I got the book, not so good. I know nothing about brick ovens but alot about building, this book told you how to build a dome and that is what you would get, a dome, not an oven. I forgot all about brick ovens untill early this year when I saw a TV programme (Jamie Oliver), and he was using a wood oven. I got on the net and came up with an Austrailian site. Better, barrel rather than dome, but at least it seemed sound building advice. One link led to another and I found Forno Bravo, EUREKA. I downloaded the plans and joined the Forum. The very next day I found 250 fire bricks for sale on eBay. Fate or ??. I put in a bid and by the end of the week I had the bricks in my back garden. I had to make two trips to pick them up (800 miles in total) but they were still cheap. Since then I have coming back to the forum every day and picking up as much information as possible. I have one or two points that I would like to throw in for you all to chew on but enough for now, I will get back. I hope to start work on the oven later this month. rafv
    sigpicNever put off untill tomorrow what you can do today. If you enjoy it today, you can do it again tomorrow.

Re: Eureka

Originally posted by rafv View Post
    ... One link led to another and I found Forno Bravo, EUREKA. I downloaded the plans and joined the Forum. The very next day I found 250 fire bricks for sale on eBay. Fate or ??. I put in a bid and by the end of the week I had the bricks in my back garden.rafv
    Welcome aboard Ratv. You just skipped six years of trial and error. :-) Sounds like destiny to me.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

WELCOME! Keep us posted as to your progress and as others will say...POST A LOT OF PICTURES

One last thought - NEVER be afraid to ask. We have a wealth of knowledgeable folks here who are glad to share their knowledge and expertise.

GOOD LUCK!

RT

Comment

Welcome! Sounds like you got a bargain deal now - the price of UK firebricks nearly put me off. Good find with your 250! You can build an oven for surprisingly cheaply if you're prepared to go slow and see what turns up on ebay, freecycle, classified ads and so on. You've come to the right place for advice!

I saw the same TV programme - think this is Jamie's oven here: Jamie's oven

Carl
        http://fornoeconomico.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
        X