Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with forum

Hi all,

So I am new here, but things seem to be a little weird. I don't know if there are just a few bugs with the site at the mo. Or if I have done something to offend etc.

one of my threads has just vanished, and every second or third time I log in I have to set up a new password. Also messages with one of the mods have vanished.

Not sure whats going on ??

Hey Jes2xu,

By no means have you done anything wrong. There is an announcement at the very top of the page. It should explain most of what happened. For a recovery, iIt appears that it was reset to 11/9/2015. A date before your posts and the replys. Hopefully, they will be able to recover the lost posts. I'm not sure if it will help for your log in problems but, try clearing your cache. It has helped on some other problems since the reset. Some of us who had replied to your thread may remember where we left off, if you would like to continue the discussion on a new thread. I'm not sure that the two threads can be combined after the repair. But, it may help you to keep from loosing time on the research for your build.

I hope this helps.

Edit: I just approved your 1st post again. Since it was origionally posted on the 10th, it was set back to unapproved. I don't see the replies, but your op should now show back up.
    Last edited by Gulf; 11-18-2015, 07:23 PM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks a bunch Gulf!

No problem, I get how these things happen some times haha. Was just worried about posting again just in case it was shut down for some reason haha.

Yeah I will just start a new thread as I had already moved over to a all inclusive build thread instead of a one of question.

Thanks for the help and concern!!

Comment

This is a small problem but annoying nonetheless. When I log in and tick the remember me box, it doesn't work so have to do the longer thing of typing in the user and password each time. Anybody else having this problem, or is it just me?

Sorry, I should have added that this function works ok on my desktop, but not on my iPhone or iPad.
        Last edited by david s; 11-20-2015, 09:20 PM.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Yeah I still get that too. Every time.

I will often randomly get logged out as well. Rather weird especially if you are half way though writing a post, then when you hit "post" it will not work.

Comment

Originally posted by jes2xu View Post
            Yeah I still get that too. Every time.

I will often randomly get logged out as well. Rather weird especially if you are half way though writing a post, then when you hit "post" it will not work.
            This often happens and also used to happen on the old forum if you took too long to write your post, it times out automatically boots you off and you lose what you've typed. Suggest you hit post if it's a long one and then reopen it again, edit it, then continue with more.
            Last edited by david s; 11-20-2015, 09:19 PM.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Cool ok will do cheers David s

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post

This often happens and also used to happen on the old forum if you took too long to write your post, it times out automatically boots you off and you lose what you've typed. Suggest you hit post if it's a long one and then reopen it again, edit it, then continue with more.
                I've started using the Preview more often when doing a longer post. That seems to refresh the connection and I don't get timed out as often. I also have started selecting my entire post text and copying it to the clipboard before actually hitting the Post Reply button...has definitely saved me several times from retyping a reply after being disconnected.
                Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
                Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
                Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
                Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X