Hello from QLD, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from QLD, Australia

Hi Everyone, I have come to this forum to learn all about building a wood fired oven. My love of pizza has existed for as long as I can remember but my desire to make it well really started after visiting Italy in 2008. Since then I have been on a quest to recreate the amazing pizza I had over there. All this time though I have lived in a small apartment and had to rely on the home oven as my primary method of cooking pizzas. Very recently, my partner and I sold the apartment and purchased a townhouse with a courtyard and garden and finally my dream of being able to build a wood fired pizza oven could be a reality.

I look forward to reading and discussing ideas with you all and can't wait to get started!

Welcome to the FB forum, you will find everyone is here to help whether you want to build from a kit, or build from scratch, there is a lot of experience here. There is a Regional Thread for you Southern Hemi bros which may be more helpful as you start to procure materials downunder. Also, there are Aussie builders that can give you insight on issues specific to your region. David S, Cobblerdave, Wozza are some of the local builders. Also a good place to look at ovens is under the Newbie section listed as treasures hiding............

"http://www.fornobravo.com/community/forum/good-background-information/newbie-forum/12621-a-newbie’s-survey-of-the-forno-bravo-treasures-hiding-in-the-archives"
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

If you are planning on building/installing an oven in a townhouse consider carefully where the smoke will go. Is the townhouse two stories, or are there upper levels surrounding you. The flue can extend as high as you like, but all WFO's are a bit smoky at start up for around 10 mins. Some members have reported issues with neighbours which could potentially prevent you from using the oven at all. Check the direction of prevailing winds. Usually you will have an onshore breeze when you want to use your oven in the evening, so your wind is most likely to be from the east. The best way to deal with neighbour issues is to invite them over or give them some freshly baked bread.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi Russell, thanks for the info and the link. There are certainly some nice oven builds documented on the forums!

Hi David, thanks for the reply regarding smoke. This is actually exactly what I wanted to discuss on the forums before I progress any further. I have created a new topic where I have included as many details as possible that might help to identify the best location, it any, exist in my yard. This is the link to the topic, I would really appreciate your comments:

http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...-in-small-yard
        Last edited by allanw; 12-29-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X