Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from New Zealand

Hi all,

We have dreamed of our own WFO for a number of years. We do a lot of home made pizza, but make do with pizza stones in our inside electric oven.

However, we have now broken ground on our large new courtyard so the reality is getting closer. Spent the weekend setting up all 23 posts for the concreter to pour footings.

Being Autumn (Fall) downunder, it might be a winter planning and sourcing event and a next summer build all being well.

1. Are there many kiwis on here or do we have to default to the Aussie regional forum for help

2. I'll be looking for some help sourcing materials if anyone from Lower North Island has already done so.

3. On the old forum, you used to be able to download some plans, is that still available or gone by and by?

Cheers, John

Progress on the new outdoor living area.

WFO will be in the right hand corner as you go through the pergola entrance.

Comment

Hi John,
      Welcome to the forum! You can still get the pdf plans on the website. They are now in the shop section. If you sort/refine by elearning/ebooks you can see the various books. The plans are the V2.0 Pompeii plans. They are somewhat dated now and have not been updated in a good few years. The forum and contributors on the forum have advanced many techniques beyond what is in the ebook.

It is still a good overview however, and price is not fixed. They have a suggested price and you pay what you believe it is worth. Suggested price is 3 dollars

Eoin

Comment

John, the plans are helpful, I think I read them at least twice, but are also outdated like Mullins said. I suggest going to the link below and looking at some of the featured builds. If you have not decided on size, type of enclosure, shape of arches, etc, looking at the different styles can help you decide how you want your oven to look.

http://community.fornobravo.com/foru...n-the-archives
        My build thread
        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Thank you. I don't want to go too small, as we are a family of 5, but when we have extended family around, it's not uncommon to have 20-30 people here.

I want to build well, as we have the idea of cooking other things like a roast/stew/breads the next day as it cools down.

I did do a lot of reading of builds previously and had sort of settled on a Pompeii of approx 36" internal space.

John

Comment

I had a devil of a time deciding between a 36" and a 42" oven. I literally could not make up my mind, so I just split the difference and went with 39" .
            My build thread
            https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

I had the same problem when designing my oven too. 36 seamed to small and 42 seamed to big. So I split the difference and went with 40. I like my oven size. But I think most do no matter what size they make.

Randy

Comment

Working...
              X