Greg from New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg from New York

Hi folks! I've been researching various brick oven design and the Pompeii looks like it may be the winner. I can wait to begin my journey!

Welcome to the forum Greg. You are definately in the right place and the Pompeii design is definately a winner ..
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

As Gulf said, Welcome Greg! You'll soon find (if you haven't already) there is a surprising versatility/range for cooking in these ovens...they're not just for pizzas. And there are plenty of well documented building variations/techniques awaiting you with the Pompeii design in this forum.

If you haven't already, make sure you go to the top sticky thread on the Newbie's Forum and work through the embedded thread links (A newbie's survey of the Forno Bravo treasures...). Also, begin your own build thread starting with pictures of intended oven site and/or sketches of what exactly you are thinking about doing--really helps make you get a good plan in place before you look at "relocating the partially built oven or stand" because you forgot about...

Lots of experience available here from forum members...and very few of us are shy about giving advice or suggestions to improve YOUR ideas.

It's also very good to have documentation of your build from early on (instead of retroactively like I'm doing ). I probably would have made some different choices that would have improved my current oven if I'd have started a thread when I began.

Looking forward to your progress!
      Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
      Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
      Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
      Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Greg,

Welcome, it you want to see some fine looking breads, the look at some of the breads that come out of Mike's oven (aka SableSprings).
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
        X