Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not quite sure if I'm going about this properly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite sure if I'm going about this properly...

Hi, I'm just getting ready to start a build, and I would like to lean on the enormous talent that is this forum. I have spent a lot of time here viewing many different builds and I am stunned at the talent and the willingness to assist--it's really remarkable. Recently, I thoroughly reviewed (numerous times) the build of RandyJ--I'm looking to build an oven that emulates the performance of his oven. He is extraordinarily talented and meticulous. If I come remotely close to that effort, I would be pleased. Does this post constitute starting a thread? Sorry, I'm a little handicapped in this area! I do have a stand and base erected; I have insulation board and bricks for the floor, landing, and first ring. I have the saw buffed and shined. But, I do have a few questions before I get serious. So, please advise me on what to do next--as it relates to using the forum. Thank you very much.

Glad to have you on the forum. Ask any questions you might have. As for heat retention the best thing you can do is insulate. Do as much as you can afford. I also have about 1\2" of cladding on the outside of the dome. Also heat breaks are very important. I like the idea of 4" of ceramic board insulation under the oven. Again feel free to ask lots of questions. We are all here to help.

Randy

Comment

You might want to start a build thread in the oven construction forum, and post some pictures of your progress to date. We all love build in process pictures.
      My build thread
      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Thanks very much Randy and JR. I will get some photos together and post them on the construction forum along with some initial questions that are nagging me. Randy, it was a great pleasure following your build--you must be one helluva electrician because your carpentry, masonry, and concrete (and baking--that was quite a cake!) are exceptional! Thanks again!@

Comment

I just started a thread on the Pompeii Construction section; I will continue all further activity over there!

Comment

Working...
          X