Nostalgia is Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia is Love

Hi all, I'm new to this forum however I'm up to my 3rd Oven build. I've never attempted this but has anyone ever fired up their outdoor oven in the rain. I know that my grandparents had to cook in the village no matter what the weather, but I'm thinking about the ovens structure, water on extreme heat, will it crack etc?

Properly built, an oven needs to be able to be exposed to the elements and not get ruined. I have cooked in the rain and it works just fine except I got wet. If water is getting into the oven when it rains, you have big problems unless you live in a desert. Wind driven rain can get in mine a little, but the first fire just dries it out quickly. I didn't have a roof over my cooking area so that was an issue, but the oven itself is waterproof. Well water resistant might be a better term.
    The cost of living continues to skyrocket, and yet it remains a popular choice.

Comment

I have cooked in the rain and snow. I haven't had any problems. I do have a roof on mine and the over hang protects the opening . If you are worried then do a design that has a roof. I almost never even have the lip on the front of mine get wet.

Randy

Comment

Working...
      X