London UK Oven Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London UK Oven Project

Here are the photos of my London Oven Project. The garden is small but we have managed to squeeze in a 100cm internal diameter oven.. The dome was built by a Brazilian friend of mine (seen in the photos) and then another friend of mine finished the insulating/ rendering with lots of help and advice from the forum. I cured it initally with the wood obtained from the petrol stations (a seasoned soft wood) which I further dried in the Aga. This didn't work: lots of smoke, soot and never enough temperature. I then re-read the forum and realized my mistake: I obtained kiln dried hardwood from a London Pizza restaurants supplier and this evening it got up to temperature within 75 minutes! It burnt off all of the soot and is beautiful!

Re: London UK Oven Project

A couple more photos

Comment

Excellent Readie,

Kilned dried wood in an Aga. You definitely get extra points for trying that. I noticed the white painted brick. Where in London? My wife grew up in Dulwich.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks, yes my wife was a bit surprised to find the Aga full of wood.. I live in Camden. It really is a fantastic website/ resource James, thank you.

Comment

Nice photos, thanks....and very nice to have such friends.

If I tried to put wood in the aga I'd be sleeping ouside!!
          sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
          X