Hello from the Heart of Dixie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Heart of Dixie

Well, I think I'm ready. I guess I should introduce myself first, though. My name is Dan and I'm a civil engineer from Alabama. I've been browsing around here for a while now. Man, there are a lot of talented craftsmen on here. I have read many of the oven builds and they are amazing. My son and I have been throwing around the idea of building a WFO for some time but we just never felt comfortable until we found this site. With the resources located here and everyone's willingness to help, I think we are ready to start building our 42" Pompeii. I have tons of questions but I will post those in the appropriate forum sections. I look forward to getting to know many of you.
    Dan

Build Log
    Build Photo Album

Welcome to the forum. I can't wait to see what you have in mind. We are all here to help as we were all helped when we were starting out.

Randy

Comment

What, another engineer! Let's see, there's JR, Larry, me, who know who else. Speaking from experience, I over analyze, over calculate, and over build. So welcome to the forum. There are plenty of great non geeks too to help ya all too.

I need to find out whether you are a Alabama or a Auburn fan first to see if I will help you.......just kidding, My step son is doing his doctorate in Civil Eng at Auburn.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks guys. I too over analyze, over complicate, over design and over build. But, nothing I've ever built has failed or fallen down. Russell, I live about 10 miles from Auburn's campus and bleed orange and blue. My son is planning to go to vet school at Auburn. Small world isn't it? I also notice you have bee hives in your user name. Are you a bee keeper also?
        Dan

Build Log
        Build Photo Album

Comment

Nah, it is just the State of Utah symbol. But I do have a couple hives on my property that a let a neighbor use and I periodically get a jar of honey out of the deal.

Humm, coming to Auburn in Oct for a football game, step son says it is crazy, so got to go to experience it. Then again in Dec for his graduation. Maybe, depending where you are at on the build, I could pop by and do some sidewalk supervising.

Gulf is from MS and is also a great source for information and material sources. Be sure to asked all your questions, much easier to correct on paper than during a build. I would also suggest you go to this link for some of the more documented builds.

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...n-the-archives
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Your step son is correct. There is nothing like football Saturdays in the south. Would love to have you come by when you are in town. We'll have a pizza and a beer or your beverage of choice. I plan to have the oven complete or at least usable by then. My son's high school football team has dinner together at one of the player's home each Thursday evening before a game and we plan to have a pizza party on our night to host. As it turns out, I will be in Salt Lake City the second week in December.

Thanks for the archive link. I will certainly take a look at those. Can't wait to get started!! Let me rephrase that. I can't wait to get started on the oven. I am not looking forward to digging the foundation and pouring concrete. For some odd reason, the dirt in my yard is convinced it is rock and I haven't been able to make it understand that although it is somewhat related it is not supposed to act the same way.
            Dan

Build Log
            Build Photo Album

Comment

Working...
            X