Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from SC

Hello everybody,

Just a quick introduction, my name is Jason and I live in Clover, SC. I have been checking in here every so often for the last couple of years, but now that we have bought a house I think we are ready to pull the trigger and get building. Luckily, I have no masonry experience, so I am bound to have countless questions, apologies in advance. Right now the tentative plane is to go with a Pompeii 110 kit, but so far nothing is set in stone...

Puns aside, I just wanted to give a quick thanks to all who have contributed to the wealth of knowledge on this site. If I could ask one newbie question, does anybody have a strong opinion in the kit vs. buying materials local debate? If this has been discussed before, ill eventually find it in the forums.

Again, thanks for everything, and any input would be welcome.

Jason

Nothing wrong with the Pompeii kit from our host sponsor Forno Bravo but I believe it does come from CA so the shipping could be a factor. I would consider sourcing your materials locally to evaluate cost effectiveness.

For starters, review the Treasure Archives in the Newbie section for some of the more documented builds on the forum. Also check out the FB Pompeii plans which are only 3 bucks, although somewhat dated it gives you an overview of the construction process.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Good point about the shipping, I probably hadn't given that enough thought. Ill check out those other forums too, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
      X