American in Greece says Hi and Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American in Greece says Hi and Thank You

First thing I wanted to say after Hi was Thank You to all the members who have contributed so much info here. I had come across that famous (infamous?) YouTube video of the guy building a pizza oven using an exercise ball for a form and pumice mix and thought it was something I could do. Some more searching for info about this method wound me up here where I've been studying for the past few days.
    I still like the idea of the ball for a form (I went and bought one) but I see that using the pumice mix for the dome is backwards. I'd like to try the brick dome some day but it might get complicated with the zoning laws here. Anything made of concrete that is a permanent structure needs a permit and also affects property taxes. When I saw there was at least one other person on this forum living in Greece I decided to sign up in case they could give me any insights on where to locate materials and such. I've been a drywall hanger most of my working life and jack of all trades in my off time. Just trying to find out what everything is called here is one of the challenges. Google translate only goes so far. I've decided to go with a home brew castable and found that the lime in the mix is called (asbestos) here.

It looks like the answer to just about every question anyone could have about WFOs can be found here with a little searching. So thanks again.

Welcome,

George_M has just completed an oven in Greece, his was a brick oven. If you go the cast route, I suggest you look at Dave S's thread, he is our resident casting expert. Also here is a link to some of the more documented brick dome builds. https://community.fornobravo.com/for...n-the-archives
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hey Jersey Bob, are you still around? I sent you a private message. I'm also in Greece

Comment

Hi, I am also in Greece and would like your insight

Comment

Working...
        X