Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another Michigan build?

Hi All,

I?m a guy with a WFO oven in a foreign land that I get to play with it in the winter sun.......
    SpringJim is my aka for when I?m away from my oven.
    Otherwise I?ve been called all sorts of things?..

I want to build a semi-portable pizza oven which is proving to be a fun challenge.....it's currently bouncing around those active brain cells.

Oh, and I also love red wine, big jugs and paella??;-)

SJ

....hope to enjoy the dejavu ride as much as the first.....
    Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Re: another Michigan build?

Jim, nice to see you are still with us...even if under an assumed name.
    Although not much of a wine drinker...I do appreciate the jugs and paella.

RT

Comment

How was the flight? :-)

I've never thought of having two personalities -- are you different in different places??

Welcome back -- which one do you call back, or home? Everyone said welcome back to Carrie when we got "back" to California, and she said "it's not back for me." :-)

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

How was the flight? :-)

I've never thought of having two personalities -- are you different in different places??

Welcome back -- which one do you call back, or home? Everyone said welcome back to Carrie when we got "back" to California, and she said "it's not back for me." :-)

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

SpringJim,
          I'd buy a prefab one that you see along the roads in those foreign lands and plop it on a trailer. Get some good good shocks on that trailer though.
          GJBingham
          -----------------------------------
          Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Its nice to see that as some people leave the forum, new members join it and so take their place...

As a welcome, SpringJim, let me post a photo for you here. I took it a while ago, for some reason or other which currently doesn't spring to mind. But I just have this feeling that you might like it...
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

...Oooooh, hey ....I just thought of a really neat way of getting multiple votes on all the polls!!!
              "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

Comment

James, was that spring of two posts for? the two personalities?

GB gave me the idea with his post:

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post

This is my 999th post. I think I'm done here for awhile. You all have been a great source of inspiration to me, and a great pass-time over the last 6 months. I think I'm done posting till I have the pizzaiolo skills with the oven to claim the name implied with the title. Ciao a tutti! Boun appetito! Buona fortuna! (especially Hendo)_

I just copied the old man with the baby and the bun:

This is my 999th post. I think I'm done here for awhile. You all have been a great source of inspiration to me, and a great pass-time over the last 18months. I think I'm done posting till I have the pizzaiolo skills with the oven to claim the name implied with the title. Ciao a tutti! Boun appetito! Buona fortuna!

but it even seemed to spring over his head....

So maybe Xabia sleeps till we get back to Spain, or I get the Michigan oven going.....or....who knows what the future at the FB Forum brings?

Xcept more posts!

Jim

nice pic Frances

Comment

Frances...dare I ask...is that...is that a big knocker?

Comment

Ooooooh, I love big knockers! Thanks for sharing Frances!

SpringJ - I'm not quite that dense - close, but not quite. I saw it immediately. You must have missed my reply (XJ's check out - I sure will miss him), which was what you wrote after my goodbye post - "George checked out.....I sure will miss him". You were probably jet lagged.

Six sudden posts from a newbie named SJ, located in Spring Lake (Mapquest had no problem finding one in Michigan) was impossible to miss. I was just taunting you a bit.

Now -we want pics of that build dammit! Get going! No rest for the weary.
                    GJBingham

-

Comment

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
                      I was just taunting you a bit.

Good George......I wasn't trying to hide too hard!

Comment

Frances, knockers are much better in matched pairs

Comment

I'm not touching that one! Nice lead though XJ .....er......SJ!
                          GJBingham

-

Comment

Have you ever wondered why "knockers" should refer to part of the female anatomy?

When you use the word as a verb (as in knock up, down or even back) its more likely describing a male pastime. And when you think of what a door knocker actually does... how does it become female?

Weird thing language.

Comment

Something about knocking you in the head, I think. You crack me up Frances!

Watch out, dad's going to jump in and scold us.
                              GJBingham

-

Comment

Working...
                              X