Hello from South Dakota!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from South Dakota!

I'm planing to build an oven in a year! I need to price materials figure out the right foundation for the climate I'm in and find the time to do it. I want to use it for pizza, bread, roasts and barbecue.

Orrin Dean
    Orrin Dean

Excuse me. I'm new at this.

Re: Hello from South Dakota!

Welcome aboard,

I have relatives in Great Falls, North Dakota. I guess that's sort of close.

How long of an outdoor BBQ season do you have?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

My last Q was Thanksgiving Turkey. Then I just did a Pork Shoulder last weekend 4/19. We had snow on the ground the weekend before.
      I am making a 55 gal barrel smoker currently. Spent more than I should have on nuts and bolts. Should have just rented a welder and been done with it. Currently the intake from the fire box to the smoking chamber is too small. Maybe I can fix it this weekend.
      Do you install ovens for a living?
      Orrin Dean

Comment

James runs this place. He sells everything you need.

Welcome Orrin,
        Read up on the recent posts regarding footings for cold weather areas - it does get cold there?

Tons of good information here. Read and ask questions. The search function will give you amazing amounts of information on almost any queery (Hmmm, that sounds a bit gay). Always second guess my advice though. I'm just here for the free flour.

If you've got a full year till your build, you should be way ahead of the game by the time you break ground.
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

I am a patient man, until I see a shiney object. Then I'm all over the place.
          I think this will be a good project for me to practice focusing my energy, in a positive way.

Orrin Dean
          Orrin Dean

Comment

Had a lot going on this weekend preparing for Rummage/Garage Sale. Also, it snowed about 3 inches/ 7.5 cm. Had to shovel and salt. No time for smoker.
            Thinking of trying the pizza dough recipes. I've known about the protien content of the flour hadn't thought about the gluten content. It's been a while since I studied chemistry. Or is it biology?
            Orrin Dean

Comment

Working...
            X