Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day from down under

Hi all, (ciao tutti)

I've been planning to build a WFO over since I retired 6 years ago, recently I visited my sister in Adelaide and was there to witness an oven being built by a company called 'Alforno', they import the kit from Italy and assemble it for you ... for a price!

So that got me motivated to build a better one !!

A google came up with several plans and the Forno Bravo pdf I downloaded (Ver. 2) had so much information I made it mine. Have to say it's an excellent read and I can't see myself going wrong (unless I'm a total tool)

Anyhow, have attached several shots of the base and will be up for the insulation layer next so will be following this forum very closely. Will probably start a new thread relating to my build as well
    Talk soon.

Footings 2.4m x 2.1m @ 150mm deep. Ready to pour top. 12mm reo and 16mm red on the outside edges for extra strength, all tied to reo in block work. Heavy angle iron in place of one course of blocks across front opening.

While your supporting slab is still green it would be prudent to drill a few drain holes in it under the insulation layer.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Really ? I assume for drainage ? I was thinking of pouring a perlite layer 100mm thick instead of FB 'cause I don't know where t get FB from.
      Last edited by Gretsch; 09-23-2017, 07:28 PM. Reason: adding more details

Comment

Working...
      X