New Member from Bellevue, Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from Bellevue, Washington

I have been thinking about building a WFO for about a year. Finally time to get after it. I like the idea of the 42" Pompeii kit, slightly modified to incorporate a side attached smoke generating chamber. Just ordered CMU blocks, rebar and concrete mix for the stand. I'm sure I will have many questions as I progress and am looking forward to receiving advice from those with much more experience than I.

Welcome to the Forum. Here is a link of some of the more documented Pompeii ovens on the site but there are also many more. There have been a couple attempts to combine smoklng and a WFO together but I am not sure how well they have turned out. Do a search on the Forum to find the threads. Be sure to ask any questions you may have, most everyone is here to help.

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...n-the-archives
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 11-28-2017, 07:24 PM.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hi Bill,

To second Russell, there has not been much feedback on the smoker ovens like you are intending to build. The Pompeii style oven works fine for what it was intended. I don't think that complicating the design is going to be of much benefit. For low and slow smokes, I find that it is only necessary to smoke for around a couple or so hours. I do this on conventional wood smokers. The remainder of an 8 to 12 hour cook is done low and slow in the WFO.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Your comments appreciated. I don't think the oven will be compromised much by simply incorporating a removable brick in the soldier course at the base of the dome. That being said, if it interferes with the dome I'll seal it up. If it does work it will save me some space on the patio. In any event I'll photo the build and y'all can critique and show me the error of my ways.

Comment

I'm looking forward to your build and the feed back on how well it works.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
          X