Attempting a 54" build with built in fireplace and wood storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempting a 54" build with built in fireplace and wood storage

Hello, my name is Ryan and I am a building my first WBO. This forum is amazing and I have been learning so much as I progress through my build. Currently, I have the base done and will be starting on the dome tomorrow. When I was trying to decide on the size of my oven, I read a post from someone that built a 42” and moved and was building a bigger one so I figured if it is worth doing it is worth over doing. Any time I fire it up I will probably be having 30-50 people over all eating Pizza so I wanted to be able to cook 3 Pizzas at a times.

I could not find any good information on how to do the built-in fireplace so that is an experiment all in its own. I did a test burn in the fireplace and the draft is great so now I just need to build in the chimney.

I am completely open to any suggestions or tips moving forward. I can’t do much to change what I have already done but I always welcome ideas for the steps to come.

I will try to keep this thread updated as I progress through my build over the next few weeks. I have attached some photos showing how I did the fireplace. I have also been taking video and time laps to document the build and that will be posted on YouTube. I will link the videos as I post them.

Comment

Working...
    X