No announcement yet.

Just Joined, how do you model an Oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Joined, how do you model an Oven?

I just bought a house and take possession at the end of April, and one of the few things I've always wanted was a proper Fire Pizza Oven. I've dome some basic research so far and I really like the smoker/oven design by Lee McNeil.

Unfortunately, in order to build this thing in my city I'll need to provide proper plans and drawings. This is where I'm stuck so far. Is everyone using Sketchup to design their ovens and providing plans to their city(if needed?) I have no experience modeling via 3D software

Welcome to the forum. It would help us all to reply and give you "tailored" answers if you would go to your User Settings, Account, & about halfway down you'll see Conversation Detail Options with Show Signatures, Show Avatar, & Edit Signature. Choose the Edit Signature and put in at least your general location. That way, your general location info is always showing on-screen with your posts. Then if someone has local knowledge they can more effectively get that info to you. I'm in Oregon and only had to let the planning division know I was building an outdoor cooking facility (with no water or electrical connections) and no physical connection to an existing structure (house or garage). Once they knew that, they told me I didn't need a permit or plan submission for the project. Actually, I'm kind of surprised you are being asked to supply plans for the oven...but I only know about Oregon and don't know where you hail from...

There are several folks on the forum who use Sketchup and I'm really amazed at how good a job it does (and they did)...hopefully you'll get more feedback from those folks. For now, looking through the well documented builds in the newbie thread link below is going to be well worth your time (if you haven't done it already) ...

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...n-the-archives
    Last edited by SableSprings; 04-10-2020, 08:05 PM. Reason: Corrected how to add general location to every post using a Signature Line.
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am also surprised that they want plans and drawings. When i built my first oven 5 years ago the city did ask me for plans and i sent them the ebook plans from forno bravo to look at. After the guy looked at it he told me that there was nothing for him to inspect. Then had me call the fire inspector to make sure that I was far enough away from everything. i just called last week and talked to them again and was given the exact same response. That i do not need a permit to build a oven. Make sure they know what you are planning to do. They might be thinking of something different.

Comment

Working...
      X