Greetings from Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greetings from Wisconsin

dmun, thanks! I am blown away by this community. I have a concerte contractor, friend of a friend coming by this weekend to inspect by site and discuss best practices for the foundation.

Cheers.

Comment

If you get questions from a local building inspector or fire department, show them the Casa installation guide -- it has UL approval (I love saying that), and you can apply the same concepts (set back from combustible at the opening, venting, chimney placement, etc.) to an outdoor Pompeii oven to make them happy. That should help.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I second what Dmun said.

I checked with the building inspector and didn't need to pull a permit. I don't really think he knew what a WFO was but I said it was like a BBQ.

Check with zoning. For my area no issues since wfo aren't "on record" but the lady I spoke with (who knew what a wfo was) recommended a 5 ft set back from the property line. I'm very close to that (not 100% sure) but good friend with my neigbors.

You do need to keep in mind your chimney in relation to other structures.

Good luck
        Dick

Comment

Working...
        X