Greetings from Central Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Central Virginia

I have been lurking in the shadows for a few months. I have finally received approval from the Minister Of Finance, (the wife) to start on the build of my oven. We have been talking about it for years and now I can actually see it come to fruition. We have picked a spot in the yard close enough to the house and the deck to be convenient. We watched a bunch of videos and read a bunch and I think we are ready to start breaking ground. We are still trying to decide on the size. I want a 42" and she wants 36".

I am sure I will have questions in need of answers. I may even have answers in need of debate.

Jonny

Welcome to the Journey! We had similar back and forth on size and decided to go with 39" - it's right in the middle and if you look at the numbers the door height ratio and hemispherical arch (if you go that way) work out very nicely.
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Welcome! I too split the difference with a 39" oven, or as I prefer to say - one meter. Works for every other country in the world...
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

I guess I will have to do some simple math to calculate the opening. I think we may go with a compromise. I still have to get the backhoe out and start digging, so I think we have some time to decide. I got a cement mixer 4 cu ft. a gentleman near me got it and never used it. He is retired and had too many projects he wanted to do. I have priced out getting sand in bulk and gravel. The Portland cement is fairly cheap in comparison to buying mixed concrete.

Jonny

Comment

If you go 39 you can check out my thread and if you are into CAD at all I have a model I could share.
          My build thread
          https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Thanks JRPizza. I will check it out today. I am smoking some Boston Butts today so I will have some time on my hands.

Comment

Working...
            X