Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Outdoor cooking addict

Hello everybody
    I live in Washington state USA. I have a homemade smoker/bbq that I biult a couple years ago that I use all the time. Cooking with a wood fire is one of my hobbies. I am interested in several different types of outdoor cookers and have been locating new/used materials that I can recycle into a masonry cooker. I have a small, sort of covered, outdoor cooking area where my smokers and grills are now with plans to build a outdoor kitchen. It looks like this is a good place to find knowledge I need to do it.

Re: Northwest Outdoor cooking addict

Welcome. I have found that staring eyeball to eyeball with a fire while cooking is more fun than standing over a fire like grilling. It takes on a life of its own and you learn to work with it instead of work over it. Hope you enjoy the site. Good luck.

Comment

Re: Northwest Outdoor cooking addict

Hey Cacus,

Welcome to the site. If you have an interest in the masonry oven, this forum is possibly the best site to research options, and see what works. And often with explanations why one method might be a better way to build instead of another. There is a comprehensive body of information in the threads on this forum about this topic.

And if you have any new ideas, put your idea on the forum, and we are likely to have an opinion or two that may help you decide if it is the right idea for your oven..

When you start building, we all like pictures, so please send pictures along so we can watch your progress!

Best of luck with your project..

JED

Comment

Working...
      X