Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

I plan to build a masonry oven but have no idea where to start. What bricks to use? Am I allowed to build it in my garden?

Welcome to the forum community! Go to the Newbie topic group & check out the "Treasures..." thread. Lots of very well documented builds to read about. Also, download the free plans available on the Forno Bravo site...a little dated, but still plenty of good info. The mantra for building a WFO is to have a fairly complete plan in place first. Get a notebook & jot down important points & ideas to remember for each phase of the build as you read through the forum posts. Be aware that although this is a personally rewarding project, it is not inexpensive nor one that is completed quickly. And yes, you need to look at the space you have & be aware of wood supply/storage as well as possible issues with neighbors & buiding codes.

Sounds daunting, but it's really worth it if you're serious and are willing to take on the project. Take your time reading & planning. Good luck and we're looking forward to your build thread!
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
    X