News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News

We have been involved with neighbor complaint regarding smoke issues.
    well we fought and win for cooking pizza everywhere.

https://fox8.com/news/civil-trial-co...-oven-lawsuit/

Rock 71 , congratulations on the ruling. It's a bummer that the neighbors are bothered enough to file suit - hopefully they will get over it, but I have a feeling they won't.
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

It is a wild story! If we lost whose pizza oven could be the next one shut down. It’s unbelievable how much media attention this lawsuit has brought.
      Thank you JRPizza

Comment

All ovens are smoky when new, until all the moisture in them has been driven out. This is indicated when the inside of the oven has gone white.

They are also smoky, once dried, every time you start a fire in the cold oven. This usually lasts around 10 mins. This start up smoke can be kept to a minimum by starting a very small fir and feeding it additional fuel only at the rate it requires. This means you need to monitor the fire constantly for the first 20 mins or so, but results in minimal smoke. As smoke is unburnt fuel which contains harmful and highly irritating particles for some very sensitive people, for all your neighbours, including the complainants, this would be a prudent regime for smoke reduction.

Don't use wet wood or anything thicker than your wrist and always have a blowpipe on hand to always maintain the flame.
        Last edited by david s; 02-04-2023, 12:20 PM.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I use double split seasoned cherry wood and heat gun.

Comment

Whew, a sigh of relief! Congrats on keeping your oven. What model oven do you use?

Comment

I built it from the Neapolitan plans as a 36” size.
              This is an article from today

Comment

The plaintiffs filed the lawsuit in July 2021; the dispute over air quality goes back years before that.

Comment

Working...
                X