Introduction to Wood Fired Ovens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction to Wood Fired Ovens

Hi, I'm from Toronto, Canada. I am into cooking especially with wood and charcoal because I prefer the smoky taste it gives. Never built a pizza oven before let only used one, but I have built a home made tandoor clay oven in my background. I use to make flat bread from time to time usually I use charcoal but I wood fire it from time to time.

I ain't no expert, but that tandoor oven showed me the joy of crafting something from scratch. Now, I'm diving headfirst into the pizza oven world with a mix of excitement and curiosity. I'm totally open to learning from all you seasoned builders, and I'll be sharing my journey too.

On a personal note, there's just something pure magic about hanging out around an outdoor oven, shooting the breeze, and chowing down on amazing food with the boys. I'm amped to bring this vibe to life in my backyard and make memories with great eats and even greater company.

Can't wait to learn, share, and build with this forum.

Welcome to the forum community! Lots of well documented builds & help/advice available here. A good place to start is the sticky thread called "A Newbie survey of...Hidden Treasures..." in the Newbies Forum section. It's got links to several great builds that cover a wide range of designs & techniques. Take your time and think about where you'd put the oven...you need room for prep, serving, party seating, & wood storage. Also don't focus just on pizza...roasts, breads, smoke BBQ, dehydration, etc. are all options you'll want to explore! Again, welcome & enjoy this new journey!
    Last edited by SableSprings; 08-17-2023, 07:03 AM.
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Since you are familiar with tandoor ovens, you might want to look at cast ovens as well. David S is our resident cast expert. I also linked several threads to cast ovens in the Newbie thread that Mike suggested that you explore.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Appreciate the support Will definitely check those thread out.

Comment

Working...
        X