More Like Reintroduction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Like Reintroduction!

Built my oven with the help of this forum 15 years ago. Started a new business and haven't used the oven in over 10 years. 5 years ago, I rented out my house and moved. FINALLY got around to getting the oven to my new house this week, getting in a new foundation and setting it back up.

Here's my Still To-Do list:
    • Definitely some moisture inside and I'm sure the insulation board under the hearth has soaked up tons of water over the years. Hoping a week of standard cure process will take care of this.
    • The top coat under the door is cracked on both sides and pulled away. Also a gap around the top of the door. Will need to figure out the best way to repair.
    • The chimney inlet that is concreted in has completely rotted away and is exposing the insulation blanket. Oh boy, what to do here?!...
    • One of the pavers I used to make the deck lost a big chunk and that chunk was lost, so need to figure out how to fill that spot in.
    Excited to start using it again right away and hoping I can do so once re-cured and handle the repairs it needs, as time allows, along the way.
Working...
X