Hello Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone! Hope you all are doing great just joined this forum and wanted to get connected with you all. so here is my my short introduction no one love pizza more then me *_*

Hey Steve, welcome to the forum. Hopefully your pizza itch will be partially scratched here and if you don't already have an oven you might be inspired to build one! How are you cooking your pies currently?
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Hey there! Thanks for the warm welcome! Currently, I'm using a regular kitchen oven for my pizza adventures, but I'm definitely open to the idea of building my own oven. Excited to share and learn more about pizza-making here!

Comment

Welcome Steve,

You've come to the right place to learn about WFO construction.

Before I built my oven I would make pizze in an oven setup in my grill during warm weather months and in my kitchen natural gas oven in the winter. I also bake a lot of bread inside in the winter and I just discovered something last month. Seems like you've been making pizza for a while so you may already know. But for those who don't...

At some point in my life I was told (or read) that the max temp of an oven is 500oF. Since that's the max temp in any of my bread recipes, I just set the temp there. One day when setting the temp I typed 600 by mistake and got an error message and then the oven reset to 550! Now I use 550 for pizza! Still not commercial or WFO pizza temp but why not use it?

Research shows not all ovens will go that high but those who bake inside should check.
        My Build: 42" Corner Build in the Shadow of Mount Nittany

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni Rossi View Post
          Welcome Steve,

You've come to the right place to learn about WFO construction.

Before I built my oven I would make pizze in an oven setup in my grill during warm weather months and in my kitchen natural gas oven in the winter. I also bake a lot of bread inside in the winter and I just discovered something last month. Seems like you've been making pizza for a while so you may already know. But for those who don't...

At some point in my life I was told (or read) that the max temp of an oven is 500oF. Since that's the max temp in any of my bread recipes, I just set the temp there. One day when setting the temp I typed 600 by mistake and got an error message and then the oven reset to 550! Now I use 550 for pizza! Still not commercial or WFO pizza temp but why not use it?

Research shows not all ovens will go that high but those who bake inside should check.
          Hey there! Thanks for the tip! I accidentally set my oven to 600 once and found out it goes up to 550. Now I use it for pizza too, great discovery

Comment

Working...
          X