Hello All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

Hi I’m Paul from coastal town of Blackpool. Gathering information before I begin my first attempt and building a WFO. Love pizzas and baking bread. Begun gathering materials so far I have exercise ball 125kg of castable fire mortar50Kg of kiln dried sand 100 litters of perlite. And a chimney but so far the weather is too wet to do an outside build. I’m going to repurpose a old bbq as the base

Can a pizza oven be cast in just castable fire cement or do I need to add anything . My dome will be formed with a 80cm exercise ball. Is a 4” chimney enough and should the how long should opening gallery be I know 63% dome internal height and width about 50% of dome diameter

Comment

There are a number of well documented cast builds in the Other Ovens Section that should answer your questions. A 100mm diameter flue is inadequate for any oven. Obviously the larger the internal oven diameter, the larger the flue diameter..A 5” (125 mm) is ok for ovens up to 28” and ovens over 42” need an 8” (200 mm) flue
      Last edited by david s; 03-01-2024, 12:09 PM.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thank you David s

Comment

Working...
        X