Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings, what's baking?

Hi All,

Rovvio here. A quick introduction. I grew up on New Haven style pizza. While I like Pepe's, Sally's is my all time favorite though. I now live in a rural part of Thailand with my family. The nearest good pizza is over an hour away. So I built a 43 inch brick oven at our farm a couple years ago. During the build, I had to deal with a hundred year flood that resulted in my ceramic blanket floating in a nearby rice field, it was still in the box as I had yet to install it -- they float and do dry out...eventually. Also had a monsoon storm that knocked down half my dome. But it got built, and most importantly, it's still standing. Last month I completed a mobile, 34 inch Neapolitan oven that the family wants to bring to the local fairs and festivals around here. I'll post some photos of both the ovens soon. For me, building the pizza ovens is hard work, but totally rewarding. And as I have found, building the oven is actually the easy part, perfecting my pizza recipe is the true hard part...I'm still working on that.
Working...
X