Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucson, AZ Newbie

Hi All,

Ran across this site a few days ago. I can't thank James and his pals enough for all their work in putting together the eBooks and making them available. Also, I appreciate all that everyone has shared here on the forum to give information and inspiration.

I love grilling out. I love wood-fired pizza. In fact one of the places my wife and I used to go when we were dating was a wood-fired Trattoria back in Milwaukee, WI. Oh, so good.

I've done the poor-boy method as learned from Alton Brown in my Weber, but it's time to think about the real thing and the added advantages of bread and all the other ideas in the Wood-fired Cooking eBook. Tucson certainly has some great weather to make use of the WFO year round.

I look forward to learning more and gathering more data as I map out a plan and get moving at an exciting project and more exciting cooking experience.

Re: Tucson, AZ Newbie

Welcome, fellow Arizonan. My best recommendation is not to start your build in late June, like I did. Not the brightest idea I've ever had, but what can I say, once the idea occurred to me, I NEEDED to begin.
    Nikki

Comment

Originally posted by Modthyrth View Post
      My best recommendation is not to start your build in late June, like I did.
      What.... does the freezing sun impede your progress? Acoma - you reading this? Everyone that has built in the rain, sleet, snow, fog, drizzle and plague - FEAR the sun! Just kidding, I went to school in Phoenix - I KNOW what you are talking about.

Les...
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Heh. Nevada is essentially Arizona. Les understands the drive, the need, the...idiocy, clearly. And he did it about a thousand times better than I will surely do it. But we'll both make fabulous pizza, so it all works out.
        Nikki

Comment

Working...
        X