Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day all from Perth, Australia.

Hello everyone,

Well, I can't believe my luck finding this forum.

I have been planning on building a pizza oven for some time now, but never quite got around to it. Well, I have decided that I am definitely going to build one now, in time for our Aussie summer.

I'm looking forward to reading the posts and gaining some usefull knowledge.

Cheers

Mike

Re: G'day all from Perth, Australia.

Howdy Mike and welcome aboard,
    great to see another from down under, we keep increasing our numbers and will outrank the others soon. It goes to show our competiveness/determination I guess.
    There is a whole host of info here but you are going to have dig (search) deep and long to find it. You might like to read my build which was just over a year ago at:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html

and follow the threads.
    I also have a host of postings which you can find by clicking on my title block and viwing my Public profile.
    My current build is my outdoor kitchen whick leads on after you oven build.

Good luck in your build.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Re: G'day all from Perth, Australia.

G'day Neil

Thanks for your welcome mate.

I have followed your entire build, and I must say, you have made an absolutely sterling job there mate. I know what you mean about the outdoor kitchen scenario. My wife agreed to me undertaking this project, as long as I also build in the barbie, and provide an outdoor sink, and space for a built in fridge etc, etc.

I have spent this weekend grinding pavers and pouring footings for the project, so there's no going back now......................I have started!!!

I don't plan anything as grand as your oven, I don't have the space for it anyway. I am building the oven underneath a covered patio, and flueing the oven out through the roof. I have studied this forum, but the original idea was to follow a plan that was broadcast on Cannel 7's "Better Homes and gardens" for a very simple "Lo-Tech" clay oven.

Here is the link: au.video.yahoo.com/watch/2972929/8334268 - 64k

I'd be very interested to hear if any other fellow Aussies (although I'm originally a Pom) have built this oven. I like the sound of a clay oven over a brick one. Apparently they heat up quicker, and there is no chance of cement fragments dropping into the food that you will consume?? Also, and this is a big plus for me............the oven can double up as a tandoor, for cooking tandoori style food. As my two favourite foods are pizza, and tandoori.........well, it has to be clay for me.

Thanks again for the welcome. I think I have done enough today to go off to bed now. It's almost midnight here. It's father's day, and I've been hard at it for most of the day. I think this oven will become an obsession for me. I intend to have the oven up and running for my birthday on 5th October!!

Watch this space.................................

Comment

Working...
      X