Hi all :-) from Ballarat Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all :-) from Ballarat Victoria

Hi there , Im Lee from Ballarat in Victoria. My husband and I have been making wicked gourmet pizza for a while now and we are wishing to widen our horizons in the pizza world.
    We are gathering materials to start a pizza oven in the backyard. We want to do this right so are taking in as much information as we can.
    I love to cook and already bake our own bread and grow yummy herbs to use in our meals.
    Am looking forward to reading exciting recipes , chatting with people and learning.
    Cheers Lee
    Cheers Lee

Re: Hi all :-) from Ballarat Victoria

Welcome, you should find a ton of info about wood fired ovens and cooking here.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Hi. I just laid the first bricks for my WFO yesterday. I have been planning it for a while and looking forward to eating loads of good food over the summer. I am based in ballarat as well. Heaps of info in here so keep reading and asking lots of questions.

Cheers
      Jase

Comment

Thanx guys, lost hours on this site last night . Saw lots of really talented peoples ovens !!
        Goodluck "pizzahead" with your oven project. Hope all goes well, and am going to look out for your progress.
        Going back to lose myself in the forum...lol
        Cheers Lee

Comment

Hi Lee,
          and welcome aboard.
          There is so much information, it will take you months to search it all out.
          Getting your mind around the search feature will help you heaps. Failing that, ask and 'ye shall receive'. There are plenty of people here willing to help you.

Neill
          Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
          Neill’s kitchen underway
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Welcome, Lee! A wood-fired oven will take your pizzas to a whole new level.
            Picasa web album
            Oven-building thread

Comment

Thanx for the lovely "welcomes" and lookin forward to that "new level". Cheers
              Cheers Lee

Comment

Welcome Lee....

what is your fave pizza (or topping) at the moment?
                Cheers
                Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Hi there Damon,
                  Well I love to experiment each week . My fav would be a white pizza base( "EV" olive oil, crushed garlic,basil and chilli with a lill salt/ pepper), "EV" chilli and garlic marinated yummy yummy olives, salami, mushrooms and a mix of mozzerella / tasty cheese ( And a drizzle of oil).
                  Or using the same base with shredded triple smoked ham, onion, those yummy olives, roasted cajun sweet potato and a sprinkle of cheese. I better stop there..lol..I,m making myself hungry :-)
                  Cheers Lee

Comment

Hi Lee, and welcome to the forum!

I think your going to just love this place, both for the information and the people. I am just in the planning and accumulating materials/tools phase as well, so we can learn together!

Travis n'Texas
                    TravisNTexas

Comment

Hi Staestc,
                      I have already lost (and enjoyed ) hours and hours reading all the great information that others have so kindly taken the time to write up. Looking forward to keeping in touch with you and your progress.
                      Cheers Lee
                      Cheers Lee

Comment

Hello Lee and dbhansen as well. 2 builders from Ballarat, well at least you will have somewhere warm to stand when you are outdoors!
                        dmun, or anyone else, I have a question regarding how this blog works - most bloggers have a subtitle, laborer, serf, etc - how do I put something like that under my name? I couldn't work it out from the registration profile stuff...

Comment

Crowtrapper,
                          the subtitle under your name is an automatic addition and is controlled by the number of threads that you have.
                          You start as a 'serf', then when you have ?? posts, you become a 'peasant'. Continue posting to ??? and you become an 'laborer' then a 'Apprentice' a 'Master Builder' and finally a 'Il Pizzaiolo' (whatever that means)!
                          Just keep posting to progress through the chain of promotional positions.

Neill
                          Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
                          Neill’s kitchen underway
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Working...
                          X