New WFO Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WFO Here

I wanted to just say hi as I have been lerking now for awhile now. I actually am building an outdoor kitchen w a WFO. I will post pics as the job moves along, but for now its just to get the base build this winter. Then build the oven next spring. I have already learned so much and thx to all. I live outside San Fran.

Dwayne

Re: New WFO Here

Welcome to the forum Dwayne! And do please post pictures!
    Travis
    TravisNTexas

Comment

You could not have come to a better place for info and support. I could not have done mine without this forum

Comment

I have been working aon a sketch up of my project. I downloaded the one from google. I just uploaded it, let me know what you people think: Outdoor Kitchen by cdfinney - Google 3D Warehouse

Comment

Looks good!

You know, you can post pictures of your base here, too... we'd love to see them (I would anyway ) and it'd be nice to see where your kitchen is going to be built.
          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Hi guys
            as a fellow new member and builder I'm wondering if someone could steer me in the right direction on how to upload photo's to share my progress
            i seem to be going around in circles
            Cooter...South Australia

Comment

Welcome Cooter.

I didn't know how to post photos either. Someone on the forum taught me. It is really quite simple.

1)
              Download your pics into a special file in your computer. I just plug my camera in and my computer asks me where I want to put them.

2)
              When you post on the forum, scoll down and click on "manage attatchments".
              It will ask you which file you wish to upload from. Choose your "oven photos" file. Click on the pic you want, click the "upload" buttom and...WAA LAA!

dusty

Comment

Welcome to the forum Cooter, your gonna like it here

Here's a sticky thread that James put up on posting photos: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f14/...photos-90.html

What dusty described is, however, the way I post almost every picture I have posted so far!

Travis
                TravisNTexas

Comment

Welcome to the forum Dyane. You will certainly like it here. Good place.

Your drawing looks fantastic! Quite a project, but worth it in the end. Mine is almost done, after more than a year, and we love it. Expecially the oven.

Where are you? I'm in Sac.

dusty

Comment

I have not yet really started this project. We are still in the planning stages. I'm hoping to get the base built over the winter then build the oven next summer. We will post pics as we go. I am in martinez.

Comment

Dwayne,

The outdoor kitchen sketch looks very good. But you might want to stay away from the wood floors! (joke) If you have not been down to the outdoor kitchen section of the forum have a look. A lot of folks here have done some amazing projects, and other amazing projects are ongoing right now!

Travis
                      TravisNTexas

Comment

Dusty and Travis
                        thanks for your replies
                        On clicking on the attachment icon or 'manage attachments" I'm getting a big KERR PLUNCK from the computer
                        I assume its blocking for some reason,but will persevere and have some photo's up soon
                        cheers

Comment

Oh sorry. Forgot about that. You have to have a certain number of posts before you can start adding attachments. This was done, I am told, because of spam bots, and seems to have worked to stop them. The number is not very high, so just a post a few more comments and verbal descriptions, then you will be able to post links and pictures, etc.

Travis
                          TravisNTexas

Comment

Travis I wondered why that was. It seemed to me that when I first came here I could see the links. Well this is post 5 and I will see them now. Dusty thanks I will post my sketch up in the outdoor kitchen section. Also considor some stone in front of WFO.

Comment

Dwayne,
                              I am also a newbie here and I also did the full outdoor kitchen. LOVE IT! I cant tell you how much fun he pizza parties have been, and how much I have learned. I am addicted I built the entire oven myself from shovel to shingle and will post pics of the whole set up when I am allowed.
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X