Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven newbie

Hello all,
    I am new to WFOs and have been on this site for about a month now just reading and doing a lot of research. I have reviewed dbhansen's post and it was extremely helpful in designing my oven. I am finally going to get started building my oven this weekend and hope to have the foundation poured sometime Sunday. Since I live in S. FL, I don't have to dig too deep (not much of a front line). I hope a fire date sometime in January is not too agressive since I will only be able to work on the weekends. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions and am looking forward to speaking with many of you.
    My WFO project: http://picasaweb.google.com/stevprin/WFOSmallPhotos#

Re: Oven newbie

Hello SteveP

Good job deciding to build an oven! You can't go wrong with that decision.. Every back yard should have a WFO...

It is great fun building these things, and this forum is a great place to find answers to the questions that will come up. So keep us posted on your progress - and be sure to send pictures!

JED

Comment

Welcome Steve, glad to see another FL oven.....seems we are gaining popularity down here. Feel free to fire away with the questions...glad to hear that you have been researching the forum for the past month (I did exactly the same thing). Your January time frame is doable. My oven took 3 1/2 months from start to finish (all on the weekends - with the most time spent on my mosaic tile finish, about 40 hrs); a less tedious choice of finishes will surely get you in under the wire.

RT

Comment

Welcome to the forum Steve, you have come to the right place! Nice to see another oven starting up. There are several of us that are just starting to build.

Travis
        TravisNTexas

Comment

Working...
        X