Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cooter's pompei

ummm looks good coot
    i can smell the pizza from here you might even be able to cook the christmas dinner as well .lamb shanks with red wine garlick and origano a real mediteranian treat .jamie oliver has a great book on this kind of cooking as well.
    richard

Comment

Completed the final mortar coat yesterday,and keep walking outside just to have a look at it
      I had been awake since 4am in anticipation of the day, got up at 5.30 and started mixing mortar at 6am when i could see what i was doing
      To my surprise it was all over bar the fine tuning by about 9am
      Its been great fun,and i now look forward to learning how to drive it!

Will let it dry naturally for a week before starting the curing process, Although its very tempting to crank it up!
      Will have to now gather/ make some tools and get a few basic ingredients to play with in the pantry

Cheers cooter

Comment

Very very nice! It looks as if it were carved out of sandstone.

You'll be driving that one at 1 to 500 in virtually no time
        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Congratulations! Nicely done, I like the clean lines, indeed it looks wonderful! I must admit I have a definite bias toward the dome shape; to my tastes a dome is more in keeping with nature and the more primitive aspects of a WFO. A fire captivates us all and to me, a domed oven conjures images of man's earliest efforts to harness fire to his needs.
          Wiley

Comment

Working...
          X