Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Aussie Builder

Originally posted by Johnny the oven man View Post
    Great job Mike. Why do you want to put the fire in a tray? Afraid of getting it dirty? I suppose the tray will work, but may hinder the dry out of the floor slightly. Dam good brickwork though.
    Thanks John

The power of CAD

I will be visiting you today for insulation & fondue
    Cheers

Mike

Check out my progress to date
    http://picasaweb.google.com/MumsOven/MyPizzaOven#

Comment

Another Aussie new to the site from Wagga Wagga, NSW.
      That oven looks awesome. Nice work.
      I've just started a roughie, lets call it a practice run.
      So much info, so little time. I'll try & get a couple of pix up soon.
      Keep up the good work.
      Cheers

Comment

I have now fired the oven several times Long & slow - Internal brick temp ranging from around 300 - 500 F - Moisture still coming out of the dome.

Fitted the insulation last weekend 1 x layer of 2" & 1 x layer of 1".

Not sure how much vermiculite & fondu I will use - Got 2 x 6kg bags of vermiculite ??? Anyway will attempt to complete the insulation & Arch face brick next weekend.

Soon it may look like my drawing
        Cheers

Mike

Comment

Its now time for a door & some tools

I should finish these items in about another week. I'm using stainless steel as it has a lower heat conduction than carbon steel and with the 1" of insulation between the plates - hopefully will be o.k
          Cheers

Mike

Comment

I am waiting for the info on the stucco finish you used, you can't just keep us hanging like this! The whole world is waiting for the info you can give us!

Comment

Hi Rodney

Originally posted by Rodneyf View Post
              I am waiting for the info on the stucco finish you used, you can't just keep us hanging like this! The whole world is waiting for the info you can give us!
              The render coat is an acrylic base coat used on general brickwork,houses fences etc. $8.50 per bag 20kg - Used 1.5 bags (Blue Bag)

Bought it from The Render Warehouse
              Phone: 1800 RENDER
              Email: trw@render.com.au

I will be painting the dome next weekend using rust look paint. The outside of the dome barely gets luke warm even at internal brick temp of 850 F. Then finish tiling - Almost time for a rest

I had a look at your web album - looking good. When building your dome I would recommend a radius tool re this site "indispensable tool" & I also have a picture of mine on my web album. This tool helps with producing a perfect circle.

Keep up the good work
              Cheers

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the info on the render, as far as the circle tool goes I have gone hitech and I am usuing a 50cm rod and a piece of ply with a nail up through the middle sitting on the oven floor. I will see how it goes for the time being and if I need to make up something I will do that. I managed to get 4 bricks in the first row today in the limited time I had and it worked pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                X