1st Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Pizza Oven

In the past year I re-built our home, got married, & just had our first baby. When I was building the yard area I joked about putting in a Pizza oven. No one thought I would actually do it; especially my wife. But thanks to the world wide web, I found the Forno Bravo web site, & got cooking.

I purchased the Casa 90, and this past summer we had some great times in our new back yard with friends and family enjoying home made brick oven style pizza. I'm still learning the art of making pizza, but I?m getting better.

Mario
    Queens, NY
    Last edited by MarioC; 01-05-2009, 05:20 AM. Reason: Added Photos

Re: 1st Pizza Oven

Hey Mario,

What a busy year! and wood fired pizza too.

That is a good looking oven!

JED

Comment

Thanks.

Still learning how to make pizza though. Maybe I can get a few pointers from this forum

Comment

Hi Mario and welcome aboard.
        You have been a busy boy haven't you.
        Well, the hard work is all behind you and all you have now is to master the oven and enjoy.
        Download the free e-cookbooks and check through the forum for ideas and recipes and go for it.

Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Nicely done, Mario. Love the stone work and counter top!
          Ken H. - Kentucky
          42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
          Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Ciao Mario,

That's one heck of a year. Congratulations on all fronts.

What are you going to do for an encore in 2009? I don't think you can top 2008. :-)

Complimenti,
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

MarioC, I have a lot of work to do on my house this year and am hoping I can find the time and money to sneak in an oven with all my other projects.

Beautiful oven.

Jack

Comment

If you can, and you really want one... Do it with the other work you have going on. If you put it off and say you'll do it after, it will take much longer and never get done.

I dont have a pool or anything like that in my back yard, so The whole outdoor kitchen thing is a great entertainment piece.

I've been using the oven to also cook steaks - 2" T-Bones... they come out just like a real steakhouse. Make sure you order the cast iron grill with your oven. Next summer i'm going to try lobster tails

Comment

Mario Do you have pictures of your whole outdoor kitchen posted someplace?
                  --mr.jim
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------
                  The real art of conversation is not only to say the correct thing at the right time, but also to leave
                  unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I put some in my photo album. not sure if have access to that.

I will try to post some in a day or so

Comment

Were you able to view the pics ?

Comment

Hi Mario, Don't know where your pics are but the one of your oven in this thread looks awesome. A great job and the black marble / granite looks fantastic. Well done. I'm still a couple of months off finishing my oven (mainly due to other commitments interrupting construction). Happy pizzas & steak - interesting, I hadn't thought of doing steak in the oven . . . hmmmm.

Comment

Love the oven Mario. I grew up on Corona Avenue in Queens. Right near the Ice King. I live in Maryland now. Where abouts are you?

Comment

Nice looking oven Mario. I've been cooking in my oven for a couple of weeks and I am still learning. We cooked 7 pizzas, 2 calzones and three cinnamon dessert pizzas last night.
                            My WFO project: http://picasaweb.google.com/stevprin/WFOSmallPhotos#

Comment

Whitestone Queens

Comment

Working...
                              X