Greetings from North Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from North Alabama

So I'm driving home the other day and think "Hey I'll build my self a wood burning pizza oven". So here I am soaking up knowldedge. My list of questions is growing considerably faster than my list of answers.

Ever Forward
    John

Re: Greetings from North Alabama

Yeh John and welcome aboard!
    Keep reading and searching this forum. The answers to all your questions are here. If you can't find it (and I fully understand) ask away and shall receive suitable suggestions.

Cheers.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

<waves> Hi from a fellow Alabamian. Welcome aboard!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Archena View Post
        <waves> Hi from a fellow Alabamian. Welcome aboard!
        Where you located I'm up in Decatur

John

Comment

I'm in Troy - opposite end of the state.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by nissanneill View Post
            Yeh John and welcome aboard!
            Keep reading and searching this forum. The answers to all your questions are here. If you can't find it (and I fully understand) ask away and shall receive suitable suggestions.

Cheers.

Neill
            Thanks My "Searching the forum" is going a lot better now since I quit
            typing my search questions in the "Search Forno Bravo"
            Forno and Forum look so much alike. MR.Attention to Detail thats me

Ever Forward
            John

Comment

Hi John; I was beginning to think no one in Alabama had found this site. Lots of great info, ideas and support all in one place. I'm about half way between your location and Archena. I'm just outside Selma, dead center of the state. I look forward to seeing your project come together. Nicky

Comment

I can't remember her name right now but there's also a lady in B'ham.

Our plot to take over is proceeding as planned....

(Did I say that out loud?)

[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBT View Post
                  Thanks My "Searching the forum" is going a lot better now since I quit
                  typing my search questions in the "Search Forno Bravo"
                  Forno and Forum look so much alike. MR.Attention to Detail thats me

Ever Forward
                  John
                  Hey, you're doing really good... I only noticed that useful little function after I'd finished the oven.

A friend of mine once spent a year in Selma. Small world, huh?
                  "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Well after much delay ...to wet... to hot ...to lazy...to drunk... I have poured the foundation of my 36" oven! 30 80# bags of Quickcrete a 40$ rental on a mixer and a a soreness in my neck that is still here after a week and I now have what appears to be the world's Smallest Patio in my back yard. My poor wife bless her heart had to help me scree and it started raining as soon as i had done a little troweling. Luckily I got a tapr over it so monday I'll Knock off the Form.

Soon with the Pics
                    John

Comment

You poured concrete... in Alabama... in AUGUST?!?!?!

[/CENTER]

Comment

It seemed like a good Idea at the time and it was almost September Right .. right... anybody..... Well at least I dont have to worry about it drying out to fast . and now it is done.
                        John

Comment

Hey man - I'm right there with ya!!! I am in Central Alabama and today alone I have been reading threads since 6 am. (Now 11) Read all of RClake Thread and toddj stuff. I got stuck on the base setup because I was going to do a barrel overn. Glad I read the FB site. I am now doing a Pompeii dome. More inline with what I want to do with the oven....her are some picks so far. I guess I'll start me a thread. Great to see another Alabama person doing a build. Doesn't it seem we wait til its hot as blazes to do these out door projects .

I poured the pad in January and did the Kneewall and base in June..ish. Now I will do the base. We will finish all this out then build a deck off the side that over looks the barn and pasture in the background...someday

We will finish the roof over the oven after the stack is above the roof line.
                          Columbiana, Alabama WFO Build.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/o...bama-7837.html

Comment

Cool! Did you build the pavilion or have it done?

[/CENTER]

Comment

I had the pad and block work done. I did the cover.
                              Columbiana, Alabama WFO Build.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/o...bama-7837.html

Comment

Working...
                              X