X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Australia

Hi, everyone

Just found this great site about brick oven
    Here in Australia, commercial available pizza oven is very expensive and I just can't affort to have one. With all these interesting information here I'm keen to build one myself, just keep my fiinger cross

Re: Hello from Australia

Welcome to the site mate.
    Where abouts in the land of OZ are you from, I'm NSW but there seems to be a large number on here from adelaide for some reason.

I havn't started building my oven yet but there is so much valuable information and knowledge on this site it is amazing.

Regards
    James
    Real men cook with fire
    My Oven and Fireplace Build

Comment

I'm in Sydney. ya I agree there aren't too many forum ppl in Sydney/NSW area. Even most firebrick suppliers are in other state (vic or sa).
      My motivation to build a brick oven is very strange, recently I chopped down a big tree and tonne of firewood is left over in my backyard, so I'm thinking why not use them for cooking

Comment

Check out field furnace refractories in wetherill park, they are the closest place to me i think and even closer to you. I am not sure how they are on prices becasue i havn't really rang many places yet but they seemed fairly helpful

all the best
        James
        Real men cook with fire
        My Oven and Fireplace Build

Comment

yea, field furnace refractories are a good place to shop: I got most of my tapered WFO bricks from Darley's near Melbourne, but bought the bricks for the twin arches in my WFO, extra cal-sil and a s/s peel and raker from FFR.

Talk to Andrew (I got a very good deal from him!)...

Cheers,

LMH
          "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Comment

G'day, I'm new here & in Oz too. See this post.
            Cliff.
            I have the plans, just looking for a clue.

Comment

Working...
            X