Hello from So Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from So Cal

Hello everyone. Just stumbled upon this site and intend to come back. I wanted to introduce myself as there are some very interesting discussions that I would like to be part of.

I am a plastering contractor in Southern California as well as a non-professional "pizza connoisseur". I have always been intrigued by pizza ovens but never learned how to build one. This site looks to be an invaluable resource.

Regards,
    Thom

Re: Hello from So Cal

Thom,
    As a plaster contractor and any connections you have along with this forum you will have no problem building your oven. Its alot of fun building it and learning how to cook with it. What part of SoCal are you in?

Mark

Comment

Hello Thom,

Welcome to this site.

Your first impression is correct, there is a wealth of information (and a couple questionable jokes) on this web site. The interest in all things WFO (wood fired oven) is well developed here. You will find discussions on all phases of the construction and use of a WFO here.

If you decide to build an oven (there is a good plan set available for free on this web site - look for the free e-books in the store) we can help with any questions you might have with the process.

JED

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
        ... If you decide to build an oven (there is a good plan set available for free on this web site - look for the free e-books in the store) we can help with any questions you might have with the process.
        Thanks for the tip! I downloaded the plans and they are very informative! Looking forward to learning more from everyone.

Originally posted by exceloven View Post
        What part of SoCal are you in?
        I live in San Clemente. As a plasterer I have a lot of appreciation for the way they build in Itally. The idea of everyone in the USA having a WFO is a great concept. Perhaps along the way we could replace ugly stucco with Italian plaster

Thom

Comment

I love the way Venetian plaster looks. I've thought about teaching myself to do it on a couple of walls in the house... but I figured teaching myself to stucco first wasn't a bad place to start!
          Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Working...
          X