Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Bread Builder's Design...

Good day,
    I'm new to the forum,however i've been reading and researching WFOs for months, trying to figureout exactly what to build this spring. I settled on the Alan Scott type oven from theBread Builders book. I've already poured the foundation, and begun the block work(1 & 1/2 courses so far).
    I've posted my progress photos in the for everyone to review. I"m currently looking for a source for Vermiculite here in South Western Ontario, if anyone has a lead, please let me know.
    Thanks,

Re: Building a Bread Builder's Design...

Hey Size18,

Welcome to the group, glad to hear from you,

So it sounds like you are a bread baker. With the addition of a wood oven in our back yard, we have been having a good time learning to cook with this new appliance... gaining a little weight along the way also...

With the Scott oven design you will be able to bake lots of bread! (lots of thermal mass,.,.) tasty bits!

Good luck with your build.

JED

Comment

"looking for a source for Vermiculite here in South Western Ontario"

Coarse grained perlite will do the job as well.

Comment

You can get vermiculite from pool installers/suppliers. The brand name is Pool Pac. Alternately, check out gardening supply houses.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

and you should be able to get perlite at garden suppliers (i got mine at the masonry supply but it had a silicone additive)
          Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Working...
          X