Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Michigan

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the FB Forum. I have been reading and studying about brick ovens and masonry heaters for a few years now and continue to be intrigued by the idea of building my own some day.

I am looking forward to continuing my learning process here.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by korykoch; 05-05-2009, 07:26 PM.
    Kory Koch
    Central Michigan

Re: Greetings from Michigan

well i hope dont wait 32 year like i did lol. its been worthwhile wait, and it wasnt until a few years ago that i had forno bravo to help me along. thanks for dropping by and i look forward to build.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
    like chicken...

My 44" oven in progress...

Comment

Hello Kory,

Welcome to the group,

Like Cajun Knight says, don't put it off!

They really are pretty easy to build; a little work here, a little work there, and pretty soon you are on to the next bit of fun, learning to use your own WFO in the back yard!

Good luck with your build, keep us posted with pictures!

JED

Comment

Kory,

I second the above comments. Just jump in and build one!

Where are you from in Central Michigan?
        Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
        My oven build thread

Comment

From the other side of the lake, welcome!
          Picasa web album
          Oven-building thread

Comment

CajunKnight & Jed..

Thanks for the encouragement. I actually have been "collecting" some of the materials for a year or so. I purchase some when I can and hope to have everything gathered together in the next year or so. I still have so much learning and studying to do!

Mike & db,

Thanks also for the encouragement and welcome.

Mike, I am in Mount Pleasant, due West of Midland. I read your complete build thread last night and really enjoyed it! I added to my "notes" as I have with much that I have read and learned from speaking to folks that have build WFO's.

I have so many irons in the fire right now that it is best for me to keep my own build in the planning stages until I can focus more on it. Like I said, I am collecting some tools and materials and am eager to start.

That being said, I want to involve my friends and family in the build and do it, for the most part, over a couple weekends. For this, I need a substantial amount of planing to be done prior to starting.

I am a designer/fabricator/welder by trade and enjoy "building" things. I have never done any masonry work, ever, and look forward to starting someday!.
            Kory Koch
            Central Michigan

Comment

Kory,

Good luck with your build. Even though you're not a mason, you have some "building" experience. You'll be golden. As you can see from my thread, you can get by pretty well with absolutely no knowledge or experience with construction.

Getting it done in a few weekends is ambitious. I need a group of friends like yours! The forum is an awesome resource. The photos and collective advice are invaluable. Looking forward to your build.
              Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
              My oven build thread

Comment

I'm not much on steel fabrication and need a door for BenjaMia....

Hmmm, what to trade for?

Good luck with your plans...it's great fun!
                Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Working...
                X