First Timer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Timer!!!

So a friend and I needed a new adventure and we thought hey let's build an outdoor pizza oven. We are finding that the conceptual aspects were a lot easier than the technical aspects. LOL

So far we have dug out our footers and poured a 4" thick foundation. The footer is 6' X 5' and about 20" deep. The thought here was to get under the frost line and build it up to ground level (and the rest of the base) using cinder blocks.

We intend on using another slab about 40" (5 blocks High) to then place the oven on. We were looking to have about an 4" overhang for that slab, but not sure how to accomplish that? We thought about pouring into 2 or 4 forms then setting it on top, but that slab has to weigh a ton... The second idea was to build a form on the top using 2X4's and some masonary screws to hold the removable form extended over the edges of the base (I know that is probably hard to visualize).

If anyone has any tips or thoughts from your own experiences I would love to hear them.

Thanks.

Re: First Timer!!!

Just build your form 4" bigger than your stand, then screw a piece of plywood at the bottom of the extension. Place a few 2x4s under for support and your good to go. At least that's what I did.

Mark

Comment

Welcome! Good luck with your build, and post some pictures if you can!
      Picasa web album
      Oven-building thread

Comment

That is kind of what I was thinking, did you use 3/4 inch plywood for the form.

Originally posted by exceloven View Post
        Just build your form 4" bigger than your stand, then screw a piece of plywood at the bottom of the extension. Place a few 2x4s under for support and your good to go. At least that's what I did.

Mark

Comment

Yes, I did use 3/4" ply. If you have use it, if not I'm sure 1/2" would work since its only a 4" span and you'll have 2x4s under it for support. Good luck!

Mark

Comment

Thanks for the info my friend.

Comment

Working...
            X