X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intro

Hi!
    I love this site...I'm in!
    I've never laid 1 brick in my life but this site seems to be full of gracious people and ample documentation that I think I can do this! I've even already found a link to the "bricky" tool that may help me out a bit.
    I just downloaded the ebook and am perusing the site. I hope to begin construction in the next 2 weeks or so! Will keep you posted with updates but if anyone has a link to some kind of "i'm a newbie and I did it!" post, let me know!

Re: intro

Welcome, Nick.

I'm a newbie and I have about as much experience with brick laying as you. I'm just about to the oven floor building step and I haven't had any issues so far. This forum is full of great info. Good luck!

Comment

Welcome Nick:

You will find this a friendly and informative site...most of us had never laid a brick before this project either!! Come here will all your questions someone will have an answer for you!

Good luck!
      Check out our blog for a glimpse into our hobbies of home brewing, soda, beer and wine, gardening and most of all cooking in our WFO!

http://thereddragoncafe.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've even already found a link to the "bricky" tool that may help me out a bit.
        I've been beating the drum for the bricky for years. I pretty much hate concrete block, having laid a bunch of it, and if I were to do my project again, I'd build my interior chimney with real brick instead of tile covered concrete block.

It makes bad bricklayers good, and good ones fast.

Welcome.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Looks like a pretty slick tool! Welcome, Nick.
          Picasa web album
          Oven-building thread

Comment

Working...
          X