Hi from Mudgee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Mudgee

I've just finished my WFO [99%] thanks to some great tips i've picked up on this forum. I have been very impressed by the standard of workmanship displayed by all the builds. I cheated a bit I'm a "Bricky" so I'm used to working with bricks & concrete. As for where Mudgee is?? Country NSW Australia. About 200 miles west of Sydney.
    Cheers Doc
    PS Very impressed by James's marathon times, I'm happy when I break 4 hours

Re: Hi from Mudgee

Hey Doc,

I posted your oven photo to FB.com today. Very nice, and great work. Let us know how she cooks. I just Googled Mudgee, and I see that you have a nice old town and church and the Wollemi National Park between you and Sydney. What's it like?

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Doc,
      welcome to the forum, although we can'y offer much help nor advice now, but maybe on what you can do to get the most out of the oven.

James,
      you gotta get your act together and make a special visit 'down under' rather than a Europe trip. Maybe make contact with some of the more active FB members to show you around and share our hospitality.

Rastys
      If you don't succeed the first time, try again and again until you get it right!

Comment

Thanks guys
        Mudgee 's a wine growing area , lots of wineries & coffee shops. Planning on building a WFO at one of the local Wineries . My oven was a practice run, it works great. My wife likes to cook and we have already had roasts , pizza , bread and muesli slice. I probably made my oven to big, but I wanted to see if it would work on a commercial basis. Three layers of blanket & thin layer of vermiculite holds heat realy well. About 1 hour to get dome white.
        If ever you visit OZ James , Mudgee has a very active Triathlon Club, that runs a marathon hear late August. Pleasent run through bushlands & wineries. Not really a PB course though, there are a few hills.
        Doc

Comment

Working...
        X