Pompeii Oven eBook V2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pompeii Oven eBook V2.0

15 inch centers is probably better if you lay the hardibacker the long way. If you put them vertical, 18 inch centers might be better. I did lay the roof the short way, so I made sure that the seams fit. I guess my point is to think about it as you plan, or you end up adding studs.

Joe
    Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
      Hey Joe,

Your comment on the 16" centers for metal studs is well taken. I wrote that section based on my building experience with studs and plywood. Hardibacker comes in 3'x5' sheets, so that the metals studs should be set on 15" centers. Is that right?

Can any of our builders who have done a metal stud enclosure recently (and still remember the design) comment on how you did it?

I will also do more research into the different sizes for refractory flue liner and be more accurate with that. More to come there.

Thanks!
      James
      James,

take a look at this forum site, particularly the forum on Outdoor Kitchens. Most of these builds are using metal studs and are quite elaborate.

BBQ Source Forums -> Custom Outdoor Kitchens

Comment

Cool
        I have read the last front to back several times. Have just downloaded v2.0. Only a 5min download time.

Must be hard to put a book like this together with so many good ideas out there.
        Well done.
        My Photo Album
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...adventure.html

Comment

Hello, I am new to this forum, I am wanting to build a pizza oven and fireplace in my backyard. How can I find some plans to build it.
          I greatly appreciate any information.

Thanks, Outdoorsman

Comment

Hello, I am new to this forum, I am wanting to build a pizza oven and fireplace in my backyard. How can I find some plans to build it.
            Hey outdoorsman, welcome to the forum... Go to the forno bravo store and you order the ebook,, NO CHARGE and it downloads almost instantly.. you can read it off your computer or print it out,,
            Cheers
            Mark

Comment

Hello Mark, Thanks for the info. If you have any good tips I am open to here.

Thanks, Outdoorsman

Comment

Hi James,

If you do not live in the US, the profile page does not work, to get an electronic Ovenbook. What must I do?

Comment

Thanks for putting this together. What an amazing effort. I skimmed thru this morning before going out to start working on my build.
                  WCD

My slow journey to pizza.
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ing-12769.html

Comment

Originally posted by fromthee2me View Post
                    Hi James,

If you do not live in the US, the profile page does not work, to get an electronic Ovenbook. What must I do?
                    Hi,

I'm living in Norway and I'm having the same problem with downloading the e-book. What to do?

-Espen

Comment

I wanted to say thank you for having written up the Pompeii Oven Plans. I know how much time and energy goes into writing something like that. I found your oven plans to be very informative and inspirational. I spent almost 2 years studying oven designs, history and construction information and found that your oven plans had so much information in one place, it was wonderful. Even though my first oven is an clay earth oven I used your plans as a basis yo work from. Thanks.
                      Desertfireman

"Sitting around a fire together for hundreds of thousands of years is a big part of what makes us human." ~Unknown Author

I invite anyone to check out my outdoor kitchen project that was inspired by the Pompeii Oven plans at Earth Kitchen Project. Keep on cooking with wood!

Comment

It might be an option to save this as a ZIP / RAR file that allows for folks to download it in multiple files. Thism allows for dropped links etc.

Comment

Hello James!
                          I have the same problem as "Espen" and "fromthee2me", living in a foreign country and would like to download the eBook. How do I go about doing that?
                          Thanks--there sure is a wealth of information on this site, I should have started with researching then gone into making--backwards again!

Comment

I am thinking about building a Pompeii oven this summer. I am looking forward to all of the information in these forums. Where do I get the ebook?

Comment

Original quote by gpoconnor: I am thinking about building a Pompeii oven this summer. I am looking forward to all of the information in these forums. Where do I get the ebook?
                              The link is actually at the top of your page under Shop. But, here it is .
                              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I just joined this forum at the prompting of a coworker. I downloaded the new v2.0 pdf and I am planning on building my first pizza oven! I lived in first Sicily for four years, then later in my military career in Naples, Italy for 3 1/2 years. I am eagerly saving and scraping to get enough to build the Pompeii Oven and will be incorporating my outdoor grill and smoker into the scheme of thngs somehow. Thank you so much for this site!
                                Glenn

Comment

Working...
                                X